Sirius Computer Solutions IT Consultant in Tampa, Florida
Requisition Number 18-0307
Title IT Consultant
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
IT Consultants are a Sirius field resource who use technical and industry experience to create client value. They work in collaboration with the sales team to clearly understand client business and technology requirements. Using established solution frameworks, IT Consultants provide both pre-sales and billable client consulting. They work with Sirius technology teams to craft client solutions and speed time-to-sale by architecting solutions that meet requirements, minimize deployment risk, and enhances client business value.
Primary Role Metrics:
• Utilization is the percentage of time spent working on Sirius client solutions
• Realization is the percentage of time spent providing billable client consulting services
• Attainment of Sirius corporate engineering services revenue targets
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform the Sirius pre-sales function along with a Sirius practice (or cross practice) or within the ITC services capacity for growing Sirius solution sales.
• Execute on IT Consulting or Sirius practice billable engagements
• Identify and develop IT Consulting and Sirius sales opportunities and engagements in partnership with/or independent of a Client Executive.
• Consult with Sirius assigned geographic and line of business sales team on the deployment of Sirius solution offerings that provide significant value to the assigned geography. This includes client on-site and TEC center pre-sales activities. Support engagements outside of their assigned geography as required.
• Provide billable consultation with Sirius clients through structured activities on issues related to operation and development of their IT service delivery capabilities. Consultation includes assessments, scorecards, solution design, and IT service roadmap creation. Other billable activities may include leading security, incident management, service management, DevOps, Cloud, data center, internet of things, digital workspace and other consulting engagements as required. May also assist the Sirius project manager with risk management during service delivery.
• Provide pre-sales consultation with line of business sales specialists to understand and contribute to Sirius technology and service offerings and to align those offerings with client business requirements inclusive of writing Statements of Work (SOW) for cross practice or ITC engagements.
• Interact with industry specialists and technical experts outside of Sirius to maintain a perspective on emerging technologies and industry trends in the IT market place as part of a billable or pre-sales activity in support of the understanding of current client business requirements.
• Develop and deliver value added intellectual collateral to customers and/or Sirius.
• Develop and deliver completed deliverables to customers both in detailed and executive format
• Provide technical architecture oversight, design risk mitigation, and/or integration for customer engagements that include multiple integrated practice solutions.
• Facilitate and lead meetings across a diverse group of people, ranging from a) Sirius client executives, engineers, ITCs and other Sirius personnel to b) customer personnel inclusive of executive management, individual technical and business contributors and other customer employees to c) Sirius vendors and partners.
• Security is every employee’s responsibility. If you are aware of a security related vulnerability or non-compliance with the Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or a related field
• Minimum ten (10) years’ IT systems design and/or support experience, to include a minimum two (2) years’ IT Management experience
• Experience deploying production IT Services
• Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Other Position Requirements:
• Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in one of the following categories
o IT Security
o Incident Management (BCP/DR)
o Service Management (ITSM)
o Cloud (Private, Public, Hybrid)
o Data Center Technologies / Transformation
o Digital Workspace (VDI, Unified Communications, MDM, etc.)
o Internet of Things (IoT)
• Demonstrated skills in facilitating diverse client and vendor technical resource teams to realize a fully integrated IT service solution
• Demonstrated technical writing, documentation, presentations, and proposal development skills
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work on multiple concurrent efforts
• Demonstrated ability to communicate timely via email, instant messaging, phone, and WebEx
• Ability to prepare and present technical topics in front of small and large audiences
• Demonstrated technical knowledge in one or more middleware software products or technologies
• ITIL, I-SA, MS-SA, TOGAF, 6SIGMA, CMMI, COBIT and/or PMI certifications
• Demonstrated creative ability
• Graduate degree
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.