Sirius Computer Solutions Tax Accountant - International in Tallahassee, Florida
Requisition Number 18-0309
Title Tax Accountant - International
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The primary purpose of this job is to provide International Tax advice in the tax accounting function of the organization. This position manages the tax advice, tax planning, and compliance functions of the organization with relation to international issues (primarily VAT, but also including foreign income tax, transfer pricing, etc.).
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Recognizes, anticipates, and resolves international tax issues; making recommendations as applicable
• Reviews monthly, timely processing of VAT returns and takes responsibility for their accuracy
• Serves as liaison with outside auditors and multiple outsourcers or advisors
• Minimize and defend transfer pricing reporting, transactions, and system set-ups
• Identifies tax savings and exposures and effectively communicates such findings
• Performs preparation, gathering and formatting of material to defend and support VAT and International tax returns
• Ensures timely application for refunds of overpaid VAT or under-utilized ITCs
• Conducts special tax research projects, such as research on proposed transactions, reaching appropriate conclusions and applying authority to support conclusions
• Ensures quantification and documentation of foreign income tax liabilities for tax returns, provision, foreign bonds, and estimated payments.
• Ensures applicable general ledger accounts tie to tax schedules
• Ensures timely responses to inquiries from tax jurisdictions
• Ensures that new products are set up in ERP system properly for financial and tax purposes
• Reviews reconciliation of foreign tax expense and liability accounts
Requirements Basic Qualifications
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or other related field
• At least five (5) years business tax accounting experience, to include at least two (2) years international tax experience (income or VAT)
Other Position Requirements
• Multi-national corporation & transfer pricing experience
• Experience with VAT and International income tax compliance issues
• Demonstrated analytical, technical, and problem solving skills with proficiency in US GAAP, IFRS, BEPS, FATCA and other foreign tax compliance
• Experience using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Demonstrated ability to use CCH and/or similar research tools to determine taxability and ensure compliance
• Experience accessing and utilizing ERP financial software applications such as SalesForce/FinancialForce
• Experience with Vertex or Avalara tax software, or similar tax software application
• Demonstrated spreadsheet preparation and analytical skills
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• CPA, JD, or other relevant professional certification
• Experience with a Big 4 accounting firm
• Broad experience in all Foreign Income, Transfer Pricing, and VAT areas
Data Privacy & Security
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.