Sirius Computer Solutions Managed Services Business Analyst - ServiceNow in Sterling, Virginia
Requisition Number 18-0205
Title Managed Services Business Analyst - ServiceNow
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
Position Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to leverage proven methodologies, tools, and techniques to facilitate all required analysis for Managed Services projects that ultimately deliver solutions to internal and external business customers. This position is responsible for collaborating with all project stakeholders to document existing processes, determine root cause for business problems, capture business and functional requirements, and help business and technical staff to create and deliver solutions.
Sirius' growing Managed Services practice is seeking an Business Analyst with ServiceNow experience to facilitate the implementation of ServiceNow for a client. This role can be based in Washington DC or Northern VA.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Translate high-level business requirements into functional specifications for input into application activities.
• Interact with subject matter experts, application development, implementation support and production support staff to define functional specifications that meet user requirements and are technically appropriate
• Create and write stories based on analysis of business requirements
• Test and validate that stories were developed to business requirements
• Assist in analysis and reporting of testing defects
• Provide implementation and post implementation support
• Coordinate and report on project progress and accomplishments
• Write knowledge articles and documentation that describes features and functionality for technical and business users
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field
• At least five (5) years Business Analysis, IT Operations, and/or Process Analysis and Design work experience.
• Experience working with ServiceNow
Other Position Requirements -
• ITIL Foundation Certified
• 2+ years' experience in IT process management/re-engineering initiatives
• Experience in workflow analysis, design, and process re-engineering principles
• Experience writing and editing process documentation
• Demonstrated knowledge of standard IT processes and frameworks, such as ITIL, SDLC, COBIT, etc.
• Demonstrated understanding of SCRUM and Agile implementation methods
• Demonstrated understanding of IT concepts (Like Files/interfaces, structures, reports, UI, etc.)
• Demonstrated understanding of Verification & Validation Techniques (Testing & Reviews)
• Experience with various Analysis Techniques, such as the following: Competitive & Benchmarking Analysis, Stakeholder Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Gap Analysis, Feasibility Analysis, SWOT Analysis, SIPOC etc.
• Experience with Requirements Development (Elicitation Analysis, Documentation)
• Experience with Requirements Management (Version Control, Traceability, Change Management)
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to use both creativity and analytical skills in determining solutions to problems
• Demonstrated ability to work both with others and independently to drive results, often working under minimal supervision
• Intermediate or Expert ITIL certifications
• Certified SCRUM Master
Example: The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.