Sirius Computer Solutions Benefits Administrator in Skokie, Illinois
Requisition Number 18-0322
Title Benefits Administrator
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The primary purpose for this position is to administer benefit and leave plans and programs. This position functions as a liaison between vendors and employees, and applies specialized benefits knowledge to advise employees on eligibility, coverage and other benefit matters.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures compliance with all relevant government leave regulations & compliance requirements related to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
• Working with the HR Business Partner, analyzes facts to determine an employee’s eligibility for FMLA. Maintains communication with employee, HR Business Partner, Manager and Payroll throughout the leave
• Processes all leave notices, recordkeeping, and paperwork according to established procedures and laws
NEW HIRES, LIFE EVENTS, TERMINATIONS
• Advise employees on benefits eligibility based on life events, consulting with vendors as needed to address any unusual or unclear situations and determine eligibility.
• Assist employees with new hire enrollments, life events and benefit information updates
• Complete data entry in vendor web portals to timely enroll or terminate coverage for voluntary benefits
• Complete COBRA entry to ensure new hire initial notices and termination election notices are distributed in a timely manner
• Complete terminated employee benefit conversion forms as requested
• Run the necessary reports to provide census and enrollment information to various vendors to include Employer Long Term Care enrollments and ID Watchdog
• Reconcile weekly vendor enrollment error reports, and research and resolve discrepancies
• Analyze detailed employee and employer benefits data against reports provided by benefit providers; research discrepancies and make any and all necessary adjustments
• Create and modify reports to ensure timely, accurate data is available for census, enrollment, and vendor billing reconciliation purposes
• Manage annual wellness events to include Blood Drives, Flu Shot Clinics, Mammogram Buses, Biometric Screenings and Wellness Fairs at multiple locations
• Calculate and submit payroll adjustments for new enrollments, life events, terminations, leave arrears deductions and contribution change requests for HSA and FSA
• Complete Pay Group changes for status changes, enter Domestic Partner Deduction and Earnings Codes
• Assist with Annual Open Enrollment projects, including travel to regional office as needed to conduct open enrollment meetings
• Be the primary monitor of the Group Benefits Email box
• Provide first-level response to employee questions and claims issues, escalating as needed
• Contribute articles and assist in the editing of the Quarterly Employee Newsletter
• Complete Medical Support Notices
• Compile and maintain benefit records and documents
• Reviews and reports on employee status for benefits eligibility
Requirements Position Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field
• At least 1 year experience in benefits administration
• Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Other Position Requirements
• Demonstrated business writing skills
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to maintain the high confidential nature and trust associated with human resources ethical standards
• Experience working with various departments and teams
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced enviroment
• At least three (3) years’ experience in benefit coordination
• Demonstrated knowledge of human resources practices
• Demonstrated skills in UltiPro
Data Privacy and Security:
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.