Sirius Computer Solutions Technical Recruiter in San Antonio, Texas
Requisition Number 18-0226
Title Technical Recruiter
City San Antonio
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The primary purpose for this position is to serve as a full life cycle recruiter for full-time technical positions in the IT solutions provider space. This position, as part of fast-paced technical recruiting team, builds an internal database of qualified candidates for present and future needs, and develops and maintains strong relationships with hiring managers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Fills open positions and develops a pipeline of talent for future needs by:
o Coordinating position requisitions with management, ensuring all openings have appropriate approvals, and are consistent with corporate policy
o Working with management to develop and update accurate job descriptions to be used for recruiting
o Working with HR staff to obtain market compensation data on positions
o Using sourcing techniques such as but not limited to Boolean searches, LinkedIn, other social media tools, professional organizations, user groups and personal networking to source passive candidates
o Developing and maintaining a talent pool of passive candidates, entering passive candidate skills and contact information are entered into the designated sourcing tool, and maintaining regular contact with qualified passive candidates
o Soliciting employee referrals for positions via phone calls, e-mail communication, and other means, and communicating the benefits of our employee referral program
o Sourcing active candidates by searching internet resume databases, and posting all positions in appropriate venues, including the company Careers site, diversity sites, state workforce agencies, Internet job boards , user groups, professional organizations, and others
o Researching and recommending new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting and new techniques for developing and promoting Sirius’ employer brand.
o Participating in career events such as college recruitment efforts, diversity conferences, and on-line career events
o Reviewing employment applications and evaluating work history, education and training, certifications, job skills and performance, compensation expectations, and other qualifications of applicants
o Conducting pre-screening interviews to ensure satisfactory company and position fit
o Referring selected applicants to hiring managers and coordinating interviews, including travel and videoconferences as needed
o Conducting regular follow-ups with managers and peer interviewers to gauge the results of interviews, ensure interview feedback is appropriately documented, and drive the next steps in the recruiting process
o Communicating with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads
o Maintaining all pertinent requisition, applicant, and interview data in the appropriate (ATS) applicant tracking system, including final disposition of all candidates
o Promptly notifying applicants who are not selected
o Advising management on compensation and conducting salary negotiations with candidates
o Preparing offer packages and presenting offers to candidates
• Ensures proper processing of new hire paperwork and assists as needed in on-boarding of new hires
• Prepares weekly recruiting pipeline reports and/or other reports as requested by management Assists in special projects to support the recruiting team
• Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Basic Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field
• At least three (3) years full life cycle recruiting experience, to include Information Technology recruiting experience
Other Position Requirements
• Experience recruiting for positions that require significant passive candidate sourcing
• Demonstrated computer skills to include ATS experience, MS Office (Word, Excel), and Outlook
• Demonstrated ability to build partnerships with hiring managers in a corporate setting
• Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state laws regarding employment practices
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated organizational, time management, and follow-up skills
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and with little supervision
• Experience recruiting for an IT solutions provider or VAR
• Experience recruiting in an OFCCP compliant environment
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.