Sirius Computer Solutions Technical Corporate Accountant in San Antonio, Texas
Requisition Number 18-0273
Title Technical Corporate Accountant
City San Antonio
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical accounting expertise to ensure that the company’s internal and external financials are prepared in accordance with GAAP/IFRS guidelines.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures that company financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies, US GAAP and IFRS
• Assists with technical financial projects, such as revenue recognition, restructuring, purchase accounting, foreign currency translation, intercompany eliminations and consolidations, and transfer pricing
• Assists with monthly review of Balance Sheet reconciliations for multiple entities
• Provides research on technical accounting issues, Accounting pronouncements, bulletins and special reports
• Accurately prepares applicable journal entries associated with restructuring, annual goodwill and trademark impairment analysis, acquisitions, stock based compensation, purchase accounting, intercompany, etc.
• Provides GAAP and IFRS technical accounting guidance and support which may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding mergers and acquisitions
• Researches and resolves accounting issues that arise in the normal course of business to ensure that the Company is adhering to GAAP and IFRS
• Assists with financial and compliance audits including coordination of timely audit schedule remittance and preparation of Annual Audited Financials
• Assists with Financial Reporting set-up including report writing and the addition of new GL accounts and business units
• Analyzes the accounting impact of upcoming process changes and makes recommendations
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. HIPAA or other regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Position Requirements
Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting
• At least seven (7) years financial accounting experience, to include both public accounting experience and corporate accounting experience (at least three years multi-entity experience)
• CPA license
Other Position Requirements -
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures, including ability to interpret GAAP and related accounting specifications
• Demonstrated experience in the interpretation and implementation of accounting pronouncements (FASB, SABs, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to conduct research and document findings clearly in writing
• Experience accessing and utilizing ERP financial software application such as Lawson including query writing & journal entry preparation
• Demonstrated spreadsheet preparation and analytical skills
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, including changing priorities on short notice
• Experience with a Big 4 accounting firm
• International Accounting experience
• Prior experience with stock option, purchase and elimination accounting
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.