Sirius Computer Solutions Tax Analyst - Audit in San Antonio, Texas
Requisition Number 18-0314
Title Tax Analyst - Audit
City San Antonio
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for end to end coordination of tax audits (whether property tax, sales/use, VAT, or income tax). In addition, will assist when necessary with filing amended returns, refund claims, resolution of notices, transactional analysis, and working with internal & external customers to resolve tax-related questions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Proactively prepares, gathers, analyzes and formats materials to defend and support sales/use, VAT, and income tax return and refund filings
• Manages audits full-cycle (with appropriate support), from original notice to settlement or appeal
• Researches and responds to external taxation issues and questions from taxing authorities
• Recognizes, anticipates, and resolves tax issues, making recommendations as applicable
• Ensures application of refunds by the taxing authority when necessary
• Accurately performs analysis and prepares tax related account reconciliations and ensures that the general ledger accounts tie to tax schedules
• Ensures company maintains compliance in all countries, states and localities by tracking and completing all forms to comply with individual state requirements
• Expert in ERP and sales and use tax application software and interfaces
• Other duties as needed to support the efforts of the team (eg. invoice review, customer credit analysis, audit GL reserves, etc.)
Requirements Basic Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• At least four (4) years of tax accounting experience in a multi-state environment, including audit defense of complex income, VAT, sales and use tax returns and property returns
Other Position Requirements
• Multinational corporation tax experience or Big-4 Accounting experience
• Demonstrated communication and negotiation skills, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated experience conducting research, interpreting, and documenting resolutions
• Demonstrated experience in roles with analytical and problem solving skill requirements
• Experience with CCH/other research tools and ability to determine taxability to ensure compliance
• Demonstrated skills in multi-tasking and establishing priorities
• Demonstrated attention to detail skills
• Advanced excel skills
• Experience with automated tax applications such as Vertex or Avalara
• Demonstrated experience accessing and utilizing ERP financial software applications such as Lawson or Financial Force
• Experience with statistical analysis for audit sampling
• CPA, JD, or equivalent tax certification
• Experience in the technology industry with demonstrated product knowledge
Data Privacy and System Security
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.