Sirius Computer Solutions Sr. Salesforce Applications Developer in San Antonio, Texas
Requisition Number 18-0153
Title Sr. Salesforce Applications Developer
City San Antonio
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The primary purpose of this position is to develop, maintain, and support applications and applications integrations. This position will also work closely with the business users and application team members to provide daily application support while recommending and implementing long-term solutions.
As a Sr. Applications Developer, this role is responsible for the advanced deployment and implementation of requirements for multiple departments with the Salesforce platform and Informatica Cloud.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Launch Salesforce project deliverables to improve process and operating efficiency
• Design solutions using out of the box Salesforce functionality, Apex code, and Visualforce pages
• Assist in designing custom objects which meet business requirements
• Design and develop applications based upon needs analysis gathered from business users
• Design and develop back end SQL calls for applications
• Define, maintain, program, and document application integrations and data migrations
• Perform continual maintenance, administration, development, and provision of bug fixes for applications and integrations as needed
• Ensure Informatica Cloud development activities are delivered with a focus on quality, are on time and within the assigned budget
• Prepare system and user documentation of application code and application functionality
• Troubleshoot and correct all data related issues as reported by the business user and validated by corresponding research
• Develop an understanding of the core business applications and internal workflows and processes to better understand user and application requirements
• Meet with business users and partners, as appropriate, to discuss and understand requirements
• Develop, test, and debug applications, prior to deployment, ensuring the product meets all specifications
• Design, code, and test major features, both independently and working jointly with other team members, to deliver software product enhancements or upgrades.
• Security is every employee’s responsibility. If you are aware of a security related vulnerability or non-compliance with the Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Position Requirements
Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
• At least five years Information Technology work experience, to include the following: (experience in each area may be concurrent
o Five (5) years of Salesforce development experience with Apex and Visualforce
o Three (3) years of experience in full project life cycle application development in an enterprise environment
Other Position Requirements –
• Demonstrated problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, and team skills
• Demonstrated ability to plan, develop logic, document, code, test, and deploy multiple software projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Hands-on experience in working within an Agile software development environment
• Hands-on experience as a Salesforce administrator
• Experience with REST and web service implementations
• Experience with Informatica Cloud and/ or Informatica PowerCenter
• Experience with SQL development
• Experience with SOAP and web services implementations
• Fundamental understanding of modern Java development
• Fundamental understanding of modern PHP development
• Experience working with enterprise service bus (ESB) architectures
• Experience with revision control systems such as subversion and GIT
• Experience with Process Builder and Process Flow
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.