Sirius Computer Solutions Financial Analyst in San Antonio, Texas
Requisition Number 18-0173
Title Financial Analyst
City San Antonio
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform detailed quantitative analysis required for the operation and strategic planning of the company, reporting to include pro-forma statements, sales and gross margin analysis.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepares financial analysis for use in driving and monitoring the success of the business
• Prepares financial statements for board of directors
• Partners with functional directors and managers to provide analysis
• Designs and maintains flexible and scalable financial models (i.e. develop pro-forma and “what-if” scenarios to project financial impact of contemplated business changes)
• Assists in gathering data during the discovery phase of future acquisitions
• Interprets and translates acquisition company’s data to our format
• Integrates acquisition company’s data to our systems
• Prepares and interprets financial statistics
• Responds to inquiries made regarding published financial data
• Performs analysis of revenue and gross margin
• Completes ad-hoc report requests
• Develops specifications for reports, and assists other users with developing specifications for reports
• Validates accuracy of financial reports
• Assists in the preparation of monthly/quarterly schedules to ensure company is in compliance with all financial covenants
• Assists in the preparation of the annual budget
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Position Requirements
Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field
• At least three (3) years general accounting/finance experience to include two (2) years of financial analysis experience
Other Position Requirements
• Demonstrated database skills including ability to identify appropriate database to ensure accurate reporting, querying, and report writing
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain financial models using advanced spreadsheet skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting systems, principles, practices and procedures
• Demonstrated GL research ability
• Demonstrated analytical skills
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Five (5) years general accounting/finance experience, to include three (3) years of financial analysis experience
• Experience working with ERP and CRM databases
o Financial Force and/or Sales Force experience
• Experience using Cognos report writing or other reporting software skills
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.