Sirius Computer Solutions Contracts Attorney in San Antonio, Texas
Requisition Number 18-0225
Title Contracts Attorney
City San Antonio
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The primary purpose for this position is to ensure all customer contracts are created, negotiated, and maintained in accordance with corporate and industry accepted guidelines and objectives as well as the review, maintenance, and tracking of a variety of vendor and other contracts.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Reviews and analyzes contract/agreement drafts for acceptability of proposed changes, to include redlining documents, and performs formatting, proof-reading, and content editing of these documents
• Drafts alternative language for complex non-standard corporate contract documents, government RFPs, and Statements of Work (SOWs)
• Leads negotiation of complex corporate contract documents, government RFPs, and SOWs
• Analyzes vendor agreements and other corporate contracts for potential legal risks and makes revisions and recommendations in accordance with Sirius standards and policies
• Creates Sirius Negotiated Agreement Forms (SNAF) to identify key legal and business contract issues that are agreed upon as well as not agreed upon
• Recognizes key business issues and takes necessary steps to safeguard corporate exposure and interests
• Utilizes a contracts database or other suitable tool to organize contract documents to include reviewing documents to identify key triggers such as termination dates, notice clauses, penalties, escalations, etc.
• Maintains, prepares, and coordinates execution of standard approved Agreement forms
• Maintains communication with field sales representatives and customers to keep them aware of the status of contract documents and potential issues
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Basic Qualifications
• Juris Doctor degree
• Licensed to practice law in the State of Texas or Illinois, depending upon location of the role
Other Position Requirements
• Experience successfully negotiating business and contractual issues with high level management, both internally and externally
• Demonstrated knowledge of legal terminology, as well as demonstrated knowledge of boiler plate contractual language
• Experience utilizing a variety of legal research tools and applying same to contractual issues
• Demonstrated ability to identify key business and contractual risks within contract documents affecting all areas of corporate interests
• Demonstrated document preparation and proofreading skills
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
• Demonstrated organizational and follow-up skills
• 2-3 years of legal experience
• Experience representing or working at technology companies
• Undergraduate degree in business, management, or a related field.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.