Sirius Computer Solutions Commissions Analyst in San Antonio, Texas
Requisition Number 18-0283
Title Commissions Analyst
City San Antonio
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
This position has primary responsibility for performing detailed quantitative analysis and auditing required for the preparation of accurate commission statements. This position will also have to access information within the appropriate ERP applications, Callidus and SQL database.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs accurate and detailed audit of commission statements in accordance with individual compensation plan requirements
• Interpret compensation plans and commission reports to ensure accurate numbers are used in all calculations
• Researches variances and provide feedback regarding calculation accuracy to management
• Ensure accurate payroll coding
• Ensure accurate draws are deducted
• Ensure accurate distribution of commission statements coinciding with deadlines
• Makes corrections to commission statements to ensure output accuracy using working database knowledge and general ledger understanding
• Calculates the associated roll-up commission statements for Sales Managers, Sales V.P.’s and other members of management
• Researches, gathers, analyze, and responds to inquiries and exception requests made regarding commission statements in an accurate and timely manner
• Provides analysis and assists in the preparation of schedules to be distributed to Executive management
• Compile accurate ad-hoc reports for management as requested
• Identify trends and formulates recommendations for process improvements
• Other duties and projects as needed to support the team
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• At least one (1) year of related accounting experience – General Ledger, Commission Calculation, A/R, A/P, and/or Payroll
• Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Other Position Requirements -
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting systems, principles, practices and procedures
• Demonstrated knowledge of databases
• Demonstrated knowledge of the sales order process and the associated GL entries
• Demonstrated ability to reconcile, research, and interpret GL data extracted from ERP and other applications
• Demonstrated analytical skills
• Demonstrated spreadsheet creation, formula creation, linking, pivot tables, V look-up, etc. skills
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to balance the needs of the employee with the necessary business requirements
• Demonstrated time management and multi-tasking skills
• Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the company
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Relational database management, data analysis, or report-writer experience
• Incentive/payroll experience
• Automated commission tool experience, Callidus, a plus
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.