Sirius Computer Solutions A/R Coordinator I in San Antonio, Texas
Requisition Number 18-0127
Title A/R Coordinator I
City San Antonio
Description You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same. You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions. Sirius agrees.
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
This position will be responsible for the accurate customer billing and timely collections of customer accounts and facilitating the resolution of customer billing problems as to expedite cash flow and minimize accounts receivable delinquency. The focus of this position is to act as the single point of contact (SPOC) partnering with sales and other related departments to facilitate the “end-to-end” process for billing, research, credits, rebills, and collections as an integral part of a cohesive team.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Process and send customer sales invoices, credit memos, rebills, and adjustments accurately and timely using multiple methods of delivery
• Prepare manual invoices to match customers’ purchase orders and/or to consolidate multi-location orders and create reconciliations to match manual invoice totals to system invoice totals
• Perform calculations to verify sales tax on customer invoices
• Actively pursue tax certificates on customers claiming exempt status
• Work closely with Project Managers, etc. to ensure accurate invoicing to Services customers
• Process credits and rebills, as necessary, to allow changes to be made to an order after it has invoiced to ensure order details are properly recorded and recognized
• Reconcile and balance customer A/R accounts as credits and/or rebills and ensure payments are applied
• Initiate contact with customers to ensure collection of outstanding accounts receivable in a timely manner
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. HIPAA or other regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Position Requirements
Basic Qualifications -
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• At least two (2) years of collections and/or accounting work experience
Other Required Qualifications
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles as they relate to billing and collections (A/R, A/P, cash application, debits, and credits)
• Demonstrated intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Demonstrated knowledge of customer contract agreements, terms, requirements, etc. as they pertain to the invoicing process
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills using both verbal and written methods
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all departments and levels within the company Demonstrated ability to learn products and services sold by the company
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of sales and use tax, as it relates to customer invoices
• Demonstrated research and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to perform computations
• Demonstrated aptitude to learn products and services sold by the company
• Demonstrated aptitude to learn the company’s processes and applications, including sales, operations, finance and accounting.
• Proven customer service experience in a business environment
• Experience in accounts receivable and/or collections
• Experience working with a large ERP package (Lawson, SAP, etc.)
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.