Sirius Computer Solutions Sr. Network Engineer in Omaha, Nebraska
Requisition Number 18-0254
Title Sr. Network Engineer
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today!
As a senior, this position is primarily responsible for designing, deploying, managing, and supporting the network infrastructure, providing LAN/WAN and Wireless support.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Serve as last level of support for troubleshooting network usage and equipment issues or outages
• Mentor/Coach team members in accomplishing assigned projects and tasks
• Facilitate team schedules and ensure timely responses of Network Health and Outages
• Design, deploy, and manage the network infrastructure
• Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of Network systems
• Perform administration of network routing and switching environment.
• Perform monitoring of network and wireless infrastructure, firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, while maintaining VPN/SSL systems and configuration.
• Provide operational support of local and remote site LAN/WAN and VoIP infrastructure
• Install and configure all network-related equipment and software
• Ensure the implementation and enforcement of network policies & procedures to adhere to appropriate security standards
• Design physical & virtual network topologies and document using industry standard tools
• Oversee network infrastructure resource utilization monitoring and capacity planning
• Improve Network Utilizations through optimization and performance management
• Identify and address network architecture, security, and performance concerns and make recommendations for rectifying these concerns
• Perform complex troubleshooting, backup, archiving, and disaster recovery responsibilities
• Perform hardware and software upgrades for Cisco and non-Cisco Platforms
• Monitor and review network performance issues regarding local and wide area network
• Assume proactive role in maintaining network availability for all corporate users
• Administer and deploy configuration changes on industry devices
• Work with SolarWinds to configure alerting of network devices that will proactively alert on impacting issues
• Handle software upgrades and device maintenance
Requirements Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
• At least seven (7) years IT work experience in an enterprise environment, including network design and operational support, and at least three (3) years of network engineering within a Cisco environment
Other Position Requirements -
• Three (3) or more years experience with the following:
• Network management systems to include Cisco Prime & Wireless LAN Controllers
• Network security experience (firewalls, sniffers) and other devices
• Working with DHCP/DNS, TCP/IP, and RIPv2, OSPF, BGP
• Working with CISCO Routers/Switches, ASA,
• Experience with Wireless Design and Implementation (4G/LTE), and Wireshark, SolarWinds or similar products
• Demonstrated experience in implementation and configuration of an enterprise network infrastructure
• Experience in multiple network vendor environments
• Experience with cabling standards, IP address management, VPN, Firewall, load-balancing, network security, and network management platforms
• Experience with network security concepts; firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, and secure design, including experience implementing these concepts in an enterprise-level environment
• Experience defining and implementing network security utilizing industry standards and best practices
• Experience using network monitoring/performance tools
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to work on various projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
• Experience with planning, configuration and implement of Software Defined Networking and High Availability
• Relevant certifications such as CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP
• Experience with F5, Fortinet and Riverbed devices
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify. Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.