Sirius Computer Solutions Associate Solutions Specialist - Data & Analytics in Olympia, Washington
Requisition Number J18-0233
Title Associate Solutions Specialist - Data & Analytics
Description **West Coast and Midwest Locations Highly Preferred + 25% Average Travel**
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
Our Data & Analytics team is seeking an Associate Solutions Specialist with strong SQL capability and a desire to learn and focus on Data Visualization solutions. This is a full-time benefited role with 25% average overnight travel expected.
This position exists to provide entry level systems and software data analytics solutions including analysis, design, testing, application administration, database administration solutions and documentation.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide entry level systems and software data analytics solutions including analysis, design, testing, application administration, database administration solutions and documentation.
• Develop a base level of technical and consulting skills enabling performance of quality service for clients through training and mentoring
• Apply systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine software system specifications
• Develop, test and document applications on a multitude of platforms, technologies and languages, as part of a team
• Work with development team to support and maintain existing production code and assets and develop and deliver new enhancements
• Participate in phases of the system development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment
• Test applications for functionality, data integrity, performance, and usability
• Learn, develop and execute best practices for design and development
• Document technical specifications
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or a related field
• At least one (1) year of work experience as a Data Analyst or similar, to include SQL development experience
Other Position Requirements:
• Demonstrated understanding of Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Analytics
• Demonstrated SDLC knowledge
• Demonstrated ability to maintain design documents and specification to be presented to the customer/client
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and identify potential problems and make appropriate changes
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated analytical skills
• Consulting experience
• Experience with data visualization development (Tableau, QlikView, etc)
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.