Sirius Computer Solutions Technical Engagement Manager - Data in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Requisition Number J18-0331
Title Technical Engagement Manager - Data
Description **Midwest or East Coast Location Highly Preferred**
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
We're looking for a Technical Engagement Manager (TEM) - Data. This role can require an average of 50% overnight travel.
The Technical Engagement Manager (TEM) – Data has ownership of and is the primary customer point of contact for data and analytics projects. The TEM – Data provides leadership to ensure that both customer and Sirius resources and expectations are well aligned. The TEM – Data facilitates excellent communications both within Sirius and the customer to ensure that schedules are met and issues are resolved in a positive and timely manner. The TEM – Data forms trusted customer relationships, is a great communicator and owns the quality of the delivery outcome. In addition, the TEM – Data maintains a holistic view of all project management and technical aspects with the customer.
The primary responsibility of this position includes the planning and managing of data-related projects that meet our clients’ business objectives by: building customer relationships, leading talented people, planning, estimating, communicating, tracking, and driving the team to deliver.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Establish interpersonal relationships with all levels, including business and end-user stakeholders.
• Partner with the functional business areas, external customers, and vendors in defining project priorities, scope approach, resource requirements, timing, deliverables, and funding.
• Drive technical direction working with architects and developers in order to establish solutions that solve business problems, and are consistent with current and long-term architecture, technology stack and compliance requirements.
• Provide consultation and technical advice on data and analytics projects to ensure results meet negotiated customer expectations and adhere to internal standards and strategies.
• Identify technical skills and resources required to successfully execute the project and lead the acquisition of talent in line with the project’s plan.
• Oversee and ensure the quality, timeliness, and value of client deliverables.
• Create and maintain project schedules, action logs, issue logs, and other project documents.
• Ensure multiple projects are aligned with strategic and tactical objectives.
• Provide regular project updates to project sponsors and stakeholders.
• Manage project scope with an effective change process.
• Identify and manage project risks.
• Prepare and present accurate Statements of Work (SOW) and estimates.
• Maintain and refine project management processes; work with leadership to drive overall process improvement.
• Communicate proactively and collaborate with external and internal customers to understand, participate, recommend, and implement data processes and system improvements.
• Maintain a high level of client and team satisfaction.
• Be a team player that can gather and rationalize requirements from various teams.
• Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelors’ degree in Business, Computer Science, or a related field.
• At least five (5) years’ experience in a Project Management role, to include at least three (3) years’ experience managing Data and Analytics projects.
Other Position Requirements:
• Proven track record in leading analytical projects and initiatives and successfully delivering analytics to solve mission critical problems.
• Proven communications skills. Adept at communicating complex subjects to senior executives and communicating broad issues to the workforce with clarity. Demonstrated ability to be persuasive in business discussions.
• Experience as a results-driven leader with tangible record of successes in business growth, mission execution, technology innovation, and workforce management.
• Demonstrated experience managing up successfully.
• Demonstrated consulting background.
• Demonstrated ability to understand, explain, and drive technical material.
• Experience delivering projects on cloud platforms.
• Awareness of ETL processes and technologies.
• Knowledge of analytical languages, such as SAS or R.
• Experience working with data, analytics, reporting, and visualization tools.
Data Privacy and Security:
• Security is every employee’s responsibility. If you are aware of a security related vulnerability or non-compliance with the Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.