Sirius Computer Solutions Security Analyst II in Northbrook, Illinois
Requisition Number 18-0217
Title Security Analyst II
Description By joining Sirius, you'll become part of one of the top Security consulting organizations in the US. With 44 years of experience across the IT spectrum, we are uniquely positioned to advise enterprise clients on a wide range of security solutions, from leading vendors such as Checkpoint, Cisco, F5, FireEye, Palo Alto, RSA, Symantec (Blue Coat) and many others. Our depth and breadth of solutions will allow you to make an impact at the cutting edge of IT, while growing your expertise and capabilities through our commitment to professional development.
The Analyst II provides second-level technical client support such as, deep analysis of the operating system, dealing with system crashes, bug fixes; handles troubleshooting, packets captures, configuration, restore from back up, repair for appliances, networks, infrastructure, and other system issues; and upholds defined service level agreements (SLA) and customer service excellence. The Analyst II continues to develop a platform of technical expertise.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Monitors and resolve second-level support requests. Escalate unresolved issues to senior team members and/or manager(s)
• Performs deep analysis of the operating system, dealing with system crashes, bug fixes; Handles troubleshooting, packets captures, configuration, restore from back up, repair for appliances, networks, infrastructure, and other system issues. Requires multiple interactions with client and/or vendor to resolve the issue
• Performs root cause analysis and collaborate with Consultants and Analysts I to solve repetitive system performance or configuration problems.
• Providse technical knowledge transfer to clients and internal department on low complexity problems.
• Identifies, records, and escalates service performance trends, anomalies, and SLA breaches to senior leadership.
• Guide junior resources in the application of Sirius methodologies and the use of tools and templates to troubleshoot client requests.
• Attend training sessions or shadowing activities, and obtain industry related certifications as determined by the Manager.
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Basic Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or 3-year diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or Technology related field, plus ONE of the following combinations of certifications and experience:
• Holds technical certifications for at least three (3) technologies for which Sirius provides managed security services* and
• Has at least one (1) year of IT Support experience in a client-focused environment, and/or working in a security operations center
• Holds technical certifications for at least two (2) technologies for which Sirius provides managed security services* and
• Has at least two (2) years of IT Support experience in a client-focused environment, and/or working in security operations center
• Holds technical certifications for at least one (1) technology for which Sirius provides managed security services* and
• Has at least four (4) years of IT Support experience in a client-focused environment, and/or working in security operations center
* Managed Security Services certifications: Check Point: CCSA, CCSE: Cisco; CCNA-Security, CCNP – Security, CCIE – Security; Blue Coat: BCCPA, BCCPE; Palo Alto: ACE, PCNSE; QRadar, SANS GCIA, GCIH, QRadar CSC, Splunk, LogRhythm, or similar technology certifications
Other Position Requirements -
• Direct call handling/ticket management experience in a client-based support environment.
• Direct system engineering or support experience involving hardware, software and services at an enterprise level for at least one product line in the designated practice.
• Direct involvement working with internal and external teams to troubleshoot simple configuration hardware, software, and services
• Demonstrated understanding of company products and services and IT infrastructure systems.
• Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge within area of specialization and continues to develop and expand technical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to investigate less complex problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors from multiple IT infrastructure systems.
• Ability to establish positive working relationships and contribute to measurable team and/or organizational objectives in a consulting environment
• Ability to achieve high level of Customer Satisfaction on all engagements
• Demonstrated judgment in selecting methods and techniques for meeting technical requirements within the context of best practices and making recommendations necessary to achieve targeted objectives
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to set and prioritize goals and pursue them to completion
• Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and ensure that others input is gathered and discussed
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in working with disparate clients and internal departments to deliver technical services.
The position is part of a 7 day per week, 24 hour per day managed services operations. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work other shifts including weekends, holidays, and overtime.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.