Sirius Computer Solutions Security Analyst I in Northbrook, Illinois
Requisition Number 18-0218
Title Security Analyst I
Description By joining Sirius, you'll become part of one of the top Security consulting organizations in the US. With 44 years of experience across the IT spectrum, we are uniquely positioned to advise enterprise clients on a wide range of security solutions, from leading vendors such as Checkpoint, Cisco, F5, FireEye, Palo Alto, RSA, Symantec (Blue Coat) and many others. Our depth and breadth of solutions will allow you to make an impact at the cutting edge of IT, while growing your expertise and capabilities through our commitment to professional development.
The Analyst I provides first-level technical client support and upholds defined service level agreements (SLA) and customer service excellence. The Analyst I focuses on developing his/her knowledge and technical expertise.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Monitor and resolve first-level support requests. Escalate second-level support to senior team members
• Collect and disseminate information to clients during and post-incident.
• Identify, record, and escalate service performance trends, anomalies, and SLA breaches to senior leadership.
Attend training sessions or shadowing activities, and obtain industry related certifications as determined by the Manager
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Basic Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or 3-year diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or Technology related field
• At least 1 year of work experience in supporting information technology/systems
Other Position Requirements -
• Demonstrated understanding of IT infrastructure systems.
• Demonstrated ability to acquire technical skills and develop familiarity with industry or specialty product/service.
• Ability to investigate problems and use standard operating procedures and processes to resolve them.
• Ability to achieve high level of Customer Satisfaction on all engagements.
• Ability to establish positive working relationships and contribute to team objectives in a consulting environment.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
• Proven time management and organizational skills
• Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills
• At least one (1) technical certification* for the technologies for which Sirius offers managed security services
• Call handling/ticket experience
* Managed Security Services certifications: Check Point: CCSA, CCSE: Cisco; CCNA-Security, CCNP – Security, CCIE – Security; Blue Coat: BCCPA, BCCPE; Palo Alto: ACE, PCNSE; QRadar, SANS GCIA, GCIH, QRadar CSC, Splunk, LogRhythm, or similar technology certifications
The position is part of a 7 day per week, 24 hour per day managed services operations. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work other shifts including weekends, holidays, and overtime.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.