Sirius Computer Solutions Managed Services Mainframe Engineer - Storage in Nashville, Tennessee
Requisition Number J18-0238
Title Managed Services Mainframe Engineer - Storage
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide general disk and tape storage support solutions to managed services mainframe customers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• The Storage Engineer’s primary responsibilities include the following:
• Monitoring of storage pools and data
• Creation and management of jobs for daily, weekly, and monthly backups
• Management of data migration from disk to tape
• Analyze and resolve storage-related problems
• Data and volume recovery
• Predict trends within storage usage
• Support new customer transitions/migrations
• Provide general DASD storage support for clients
• Participate in Disaster Recovery Tests
• Provides technical assistance regarding Disaster Recovery exercises and Business Continuity Processes Develops, enhances, and supports technical approaches that allow audits and scalable implementations of large, complex mainframe environments
• Identifies and resolves performance issues related to storage management
• Facilitates project planning efforts by establishing and meeting work estimates, target dates, milestones and schedules
• Participates in ongoing development and improvement of installation standards
• Works with project managers in the development and implementation of project plans and timelines
• Addresses and updates customer incident tickets and changes orders providing internal management and customer account managers with status information
• Provides team members with technical training and/or mentoring
• Security is every employee’s responsibility. If you are aware of a security related vulnerability or non-compliance with the Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Position Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
• At least five (5) years experience with mainframe storage, including experience with the majority of the following software solutions:
• DFSMS, DFSMSdss, DFSMShsm
• CA-Disk, CA-Allocate
• FDR, FDR/ABR, FDR/CPK, FDRInstant, FDRCrypt
• Software encryption products
• Mainview SRM
• Softek Replicator (TDMF)
• Standard IBM Utilities
• Local (in frame) replication
• Remote replication software
Other Required Qualifications
• Demonstrated ability to transition customers to ensure all technical issues are addressed to reach expected progress of transition date
• Demonstrated ability to execute tasks associated with any customer’s disaster recovery plans
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
The position’s responsibilities require visiting customer sites to obtain technical information from the customer’s existing support team and, as such, requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers during the initial portion of their transition to becoming a Managed Services customer. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work other shifts including weekends, holidays, and overtime.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.