Sirius Computer Solutions Sr. Software Specialist - Mainframe in Little Rock, Arkansas
Requisition Number J18-0271
Title Sr. Software Specialist - Mainframe
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The primary purpose of this position is to review and provide configurations for all mainframe software orders placed. This position will also review, order, and track software orders and inventory requests.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides ESW, Value Unit Pricer, and Workload Pricer configurations for all Mainframe software orders placed
• Perform presales IBM software assistance, including Sirius Software Analyses, and pricing for IPLA opportunities
• Interfaces with IBM on solving IBM software configuration issues, IBM process issues, questions/problems dealing with IBM
• Provides software configurations; assists in software pricing issues (i.e. converting customers to variable workload license charging, changing MSU levels, etc.).
• Assists Client Executives with Mainframe software concerns, and customer issues related to these items.
• Interfaces with IBM on resolving customer billing issues
• Interface with IBM on scheduling of software orders
• Tracks software orders and inventory requests submitted to IBM
• Provides order part numbers, list price and cost to sales and CSS for Profit Worksheet Review. Provide Lawson Form to CSS for PO creation.
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Position Requirements
Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
• At least four (4) year of experience configuring and pricing mainframe software solutions.
Other Position Requirements
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of mainframe components, tools, resources and related software
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and/or with a team
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret technical manuals and documentation
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.