Sirius Computer Solutions Sr. Solutions Specialist - QRadar in Jackson, Mississippi
Requisition Number 18-0301
Title Sr. Solutions Specialist - QRadar
Description By joining Sirius, you'll become part of one of the top Security consulting organizations in the US. With 44 years of experience across the IT spectrum, we are uniquely positioned to advise enterprise clients on a wide range of security solutions, from leading vendors such as Checkpoint, Cisco, F5, FireEye, Palo Alto, RSA, Symantec (Blue Coat) and many others. Our depth and breadth of solutions will allow you to make an impact at the cutting edge of IT, while growing your expertise and capabilities through our commitment to professional development.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide advanced software development, application administration, and/or database administration solutions and support to our clients. This position will participate in activities such as installing, deploying, configuring, programming, testing, and documentation. This position will also handle customer engagements requiring knowledge of multiple technologies, and provide technical sales support.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide advanced software development, application administration, or database administration solutions to clients by:
o Creating technical and conceptual specifications in support of the clients’ business needs and functional specifications
o Developing custom code and interfaces to other application systems as defined by the technical specifications
o Conducting Unit Testing
• Resolve issues discovered during System/Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing
• Document detailed design and code
• Installs, integrates and tunes IBM Security QRadar SIEM solutions including:
- Device Setup and Configuration
- Health Check and Upgrades
- Log Source Acquisition and/or New Device Implementation
- Configure Devices to Send Logs to QRadar System
- Analysis and tuning of system for maximum effectiveness.
• Documents completed solution installation, and configuration work for the client.
• Maintains technical specifications.
• Conducts an informal knowledge transfer session with Client on utilizing the system to increase proficiency and ensure maximum results are achieved
• Reviews and understands all assigned Statement of Work (SOW) prior to services delivery
• Communicates status of engagement to customer, Sirius’ Services management, and Sirius rep as appropriate during engagement.
• Security is every employee’s responsibility. If you are aware of a security related vulnerability or non-compliance with the Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. HIPAA or other regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Position Requirements
Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
• At least five years Information Technology experience, to include at least two (2) years experience implementing solutions using IBM QRadar SIEM Solution
Other Position Requirements –
• Demonstrated experience working with customers to clarify needs and requirements and to build a solution vision
• Experience as a member of a technical project team, from design through delivery
• Demonstrated experience making technical decisions regarding assigned tasks when presented with options by other team members
• Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and identifying potential problems and making appropriate changes as necessary
• Demonstrated experience creating technical documentation
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Experience with AppScan, Guardium, ISIM and ISAM
• Consulting experience
• Certifications in QRadar and any of the technologies listed above
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.