Sirius Computer Solutions Analyst - Sirius Academy Program in Honolulu, Hawaii
Requisition Number 18-0178
Title Analyst - Sirius Academy Program
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
A position within the Sirius Academy program is a sought-after role from which to launch a career in IT services. It provides career growth and robust professional development, including: recognized industry certifications; dedicated classroom and e-learning training; on-the-job immersion and real client project experience.
• This exciting opportunity offers proven success with graduates working in multiple areas of IT including: security, networking, virtualization, managed services and data center solutions.
• Experience our state-of-the art data center facility with more than 40 different vendors and 150+ types of technology.
• Attain valuable certifications in the latest technologies, giving you a competitive career advantage.
• Gain meaningful insight into different areas of the business through rotational training.
• Sharpen your professional presence with clients through online and classroom learning.
• As an Analyst in the Academy, you will split your time between our office in Skokie, IL and the Sirius Data Center in Elk Grove Village, IL.
After completion of a 6 month training program in the Chicago area, you will relocate within the continental US to assume a Services delivery role in one of Sirius’ practices. Possible relocation areas include, but are not limited to: Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, Austin, Omaha, NE, Phoenix, Denver, Charlotte, Raleigh, or the New York City metro area. Relocation assistance available.
The primary purpose of this position is to participate in the Sirius Academy program, which prepares employees to begin careers in IT Consulting with Sirius. Employees will receive exposure to various business units and work on several teams, experience online and classroom learning, and develop soft skills to make them more impactful in front of clients. Additionally, employees will participate in shadowing and mentoring opportunities and hands-on technology training, all designed to help develop the necessary skills for an ultimate role as a member of our services organization.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Participates in a several month training curriculum at the Sirius offices in the Chicago area:
o Completing assigned rotations through various business units
o Self-development and certification courses
o Hands-on experience in the Sirius Data Center
o Practical exposure through on-the-job training which includes mentoring by a team of dedicated engineers and introduction to designing technology solutions for a client environment
• Learns and develops in all phases as an Information Technology engineer, to include:
o Systems design
o Implementation & installation
o Systems assurance
o Project management
• Obtains satisfactory evaluations through progress reviews in order to advance in training program
• Develops a base level of technical and consulting enabling performance of quality service for clients
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• Experience with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Other Position Requirements -
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated organizational, time-management, problem solving and follow-up skills
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team member
• Linux experience
• Programming experience
• Exposure to an Agile environment
• Prior experience with VMWare (automation, orchestration, cloud)
• Prior experience with Cisco route/switch Networking solutions, and/or Network Security solutions (Palo Alto, Cisco ISE)
This position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.