Sirius Computer Solutions Branch Administrator (Part-Time) in Des Moines, Iowa
Requisition Number 18-0249
Title Branch Administrator (Part-Time)
City Des Moines
You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same. You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions. Sirius Computer Solutions agrees.
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
Part Time position:
Monday – Friday 9am-1pm OR 10am-2pm
Primary responsibilities are to maintain the high professional image of Sirius to visitors by acting as the phone attendant and greeting visitors in a professional manner. This position also provides general office support.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Operates telephone system to direct incoming and interoffice calls
• Greets visitors/customers in a courteous manner and announces their presence to the appropriate party
• Handles in-coming and out-going mail and packages
• Oversees general office administrative duties, including office equipment maintainence, schedules conference calls, runs errands, purchases and stocks miscellaneous office & kitchen supplies, and interacts with supply vendors as needed
• Track office seating and serve as liaison with the corporate office to obtain approval
• Provide orientation and set-up for new employees
• Benefits Overview
• Desk set-up
• Following-up on computer set-up
• Assist with exiting employees
• Coordinating return of property
• Serve as a liaison for IT and HR to communicate status of separation (turn off computer access, etc)
• Coordinates Core Value Events
• Provide administrative support for executive management as requested, such as creating spreadsheet, expense reports, making travel arrangements and handling general correspondence
• Coordinates room set up for meetings, including meals and supplies
• Other duties and projects as assigned
• Security is every employee’s responsibility. If you are aware of a security related vulnerability or non-compliance with the Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. HIPAA or other regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Position Requirements
Basic Qualifications -
• High school diploma or equivalent
• At least two (2) years administrative experience, including switchboard experience
Other Position Requirements -
• Demonstrated knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment
• Demonstrated detail orientation and follow-up skills
• Demonstrated human relations skills to deal effectively with visitors/customers both directly and over the telephone.
• Demonstrated knowledge of MS Word and Excel software applications
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks
• Working knowledge of corporate phone system
Essential Functions: The position exists to provide general office support, including stocking of office and kitchen supplies, and handling incoming and outgoing packages. As such, this role requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds on a regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.