Sirius Computer Solutions Proposal Manager in Crofton, Maryland
PROPOSAL MANAGER / TECHNICAL WRITER
We are seeking a proven successful Proposal Manager/Technical Writer to lead the proposal process from cradle to grave.Since 1991, Force 3, LLC has been dedicated to offering innovative IT solutions that enhance the way our clients conduct business within the federal, healthcare, and commercial sectors. As a Proposal Manager/Technical Writer, you must combine a strong desire to make a positive difference with your passion for facilitating winning proposals stressing teamwork. You mustbe willing to embrace and take full advantage of your ability to be a key player in our Proposal teams. You must also possess proven ability to provide tracking, reporting, and coordination across a large number of concurrent and interdependent activities.
But first, who is Force 3?Force 3 isTHEnetwork security company. We provide infrastructure services to design, deploy, support and maintain our clients’ technology needs. This includes collaboration, compute and wireless.
As a Proposal Manager/Technical Writer, you will augment our existing team by taking ownership of the proposal process, managing and successfully driving it to meet critical deadlines while contributing to the technical, past performance, and program management sections of proposals – creating winning and compliant proposal responses.
Your specific duties as aProposal Manager/Technical Writerwill include:
- Analyzing solicitations (RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, etc.) and/or customer requirements to layout proposal strategy.
- Continually monitoring all amendments and modifications to the solicitation.
- Acquiring or verifying knowledge of subject by interviewing employees engaged in developing responses for services opportunities and referring to sketches, engineering drawings and notes.
- Analyzing user needs and translate them into clear concise requirements.
- Supporting the creation and maintenance of the architecture and design documents.
- Ensuring compliance with the Force 3, ISO-certified proposal development process, as well as ensuring continuous process improvement.
- Working closely and collaboratively with proposal stakeholders to develop and document technical and management solutions for large-and small-scale federal and commercial proposals.
- Managing all aspects of proposal development from receipt of requirements through delivery to the Contracts Manager for submission.
- Preparing and managing detailed proposal plans, schedules, outlines, and compliance matrices; consistently and clearly communicating deadlines and draft review expectations to other departments, teaming partners, and subcontractors; and creating and maintaining Outlook invitations for color reviews and other proposal milestones.
- Coordinating proposal writing assignments with the proposal team members, including page estimates, win themes, and proposal templates.
- Providing knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the technical communications field with excellent technical writing skills in such areas as security, wireless, next-generation networking, data center and collaboration.
- Managing proposal versioning and quality control to ensure that all proposals meet high standards for submittal, in coordination with Contracts and Program Management departments.
- Leading proposal-related meetings, including Kickoff Meetings; price strategy meetings; as well as Pink, Red, and Gold Team reviews.
- Coordinating and supporting the production of proposal submissions, both electronic and paper versions.
- Building strong partnerships and successful cross-department relationships with Contracts, Sales, Accounting, and the Program Management Office (PMO), including
- Communicating proposal-related requirements and status with senior management, as appropriate.
Specific qualifications for the Proposal Manager/Technical Writerposition include:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or 3 years additional related experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant, successful professional experience in proposal technical writing and management roles for large and small federal and commercial proposals addressing IT products and services.
- Knowledge of the systems/network engineering life cycle
- Ability to organize and prepare information for use in technical documentation from multiple sources into a singular solution.
- Proven understanding of FAR and DFAR is highly preferred.
- Experience with GWACs, IDIQs, RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, and Task Orders.
- Proven ability to conceptualize and write compelling proposal narrative and oral presentation slides, working with the sales and engineering staff to extract technical concepts and solutions.
- Extensive experience developing and maintaining proposal development plans, schedules, outlines, compliance matrices, resource plans, win themes, weekly status reports, and proposal templates.
- Demonstrated experience leading kickoff and color review meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and produce final electronic and paper copy proposal submissions.
- Proven working knowledge of MS Office business applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment.
- Ability to maintain current versions of proposal-related documents in a data repository.
- SharePoint experience is a plus.
- Foundation Certification from APMP preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a team environment, with extensive organizational skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to tailor documented proposal processes and procedures in accordance with current capture strategies and customer requirements, while also providing quality assurance for all proposal-related documents, briefings, and reports.
Force 3 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions and selected applicants will be subject to a background check and/or government security investigation.
Benefits you will receive:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Ample time off starting with 15 days PTO and 12 Holidays
- Training & Educational reimbursement
- Awards: We celebrate and recognize our employees!
- Dress code: Business Casual dress at the office (including jeans!)
- Referral bonuses
- Lunch & Learns
- Onsite Gym
- Onsite Massages
- A variety of company social events
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- And much more…
Force 3 is a Cisco Gold Partner, IBM Platinum Business Partner, Dell EMC GSA Advantage Business Partner, NetApp Star Partner, Splunk Elite Partner, Palo Alto Networks Diamond Partner, VMware Premier Partner, F5 Platinum Partner,and Tenable Platinum Partner, with offices in Crofton, MD and Herndon, VA.