Sirius Computer Solutions Solutions Architect II - Networking in Chicago, Illinois
Requisition Number 18-0158
Title Solutions Architect II - Networking
Description You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same. You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions. Sirius Computer Solutions agrees.
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The Solution Architect is client facing, pre-sales engineer that works with designated Accounts and acts as a value added technical advocate for clients. A Solution Architect is responsible for understanding clients’ business requirements as they pertain to IT infrastructure, qualifying opportunities, and creating designs that match the requirements with appropriate hardware, software and professional services. This role entails the following responsibilities: collaborating with other Line of Business (LOB) experts as required to address client needs, presenting the proposed solution to the client, ensuring the sale is made, and overseeing the delivery of these solutions.
This role builds the required presales collateral to represent the solution including, but not limited to, At-A-Glance documents, HLDs (High Level Design), BOMs (Bill of Materials), Product Quotes (with pricing), LOEs (Level of Efforts), Client Proposals and SOWs (Statement of Work).. Lastly, the solution architect role requires the person builds and maintains a healthy relationship with key business partners (OEMs, subcontractors, service providers) in the assigned districts and regions they support.
The Solution Architect II (SA2) - is a client facing, pre-sales engineer with deep subject matter expertise of solutions in a single LOB (Line of Business) (Storage, Compute, Network or Security). Is an expert in “Art of the Deal” for single LOB, sequencing activities and deliverables to the client to value sell, earn trust and enhance margin. Has a generalized understanding of technology solutions in adjacent LOBs. Is considered a thought leader and develops IP & collateral for a single LOB. They are proficient at selling and positioning implementation and advisory services for a single LOB and are capable of understanding where multi-LOB strategic and advisory services fit for their clients’ needs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Client Facing Sales Support – Work with sales account team, interfacing directly with clients. Build trusted advisor relationships, understand clients’ business challenges and propose solutions
• Develop High Level Designs and Architectures – Create and document architectures that address client business problems and can be used to ensure a smooth transition from presales to delivery
• Create Proposals – Develop BOMs (Bill of Materials), Product Quotes, SOWs (Statements Of Work), At-a-glance documents, business cases and RFP responses
• Sales Planning – Work with management and sales teams to develop account prioritization and support strategies that will ensure a long term trusted relationship status
• Partner Relationship Management – Develop healthy and trusted relationships with key partners in the geography
• Billable Consulting – Provide services as part of client projects that are billable. Usually in a project oversight mode
• Intellectual Property Development – Contribute to the development of intellectual property and industry recognition (white papers, speaking engagements etc.)
• Training – Develop and execute a professional plan that will enhance skills
• Travel – Travel to/from clients, corporate events and training
• Security is every employee’s responsibility; if you are aware of a security related vulnerability or non-compliance with the Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. HIPAA or other regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Position Requirements
Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or a related field
• At least eight (8) years of Networking related architecture, installation, and/or administration technical hands-on experience, including three (3) years of experience with large enterprise cross-brand projects
Other Position Requirements -
• Demonstrated experience leading advanced and complex technology projects in support of business initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to apply technical background and knowledge to business direction by developing service offerings, go-to-market strategies, business planning, and other activities important to building business
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules to complete complex projects or new solution/product development
• Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
• Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-up skills
• Demonstrated leadership, delegation, and personnel management skills
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, including formal and informal presentations to large and small audiences
• Demonstrated ability to work in team environment
• At least three (3) years of sales or pre-sales experience in a VAR or OEM environment
• At least four (4) years billable consulting experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience
• Demonstrated experience working with multi-vendor networking environments
• Graduate degree
• Cisco CCNP/CCDP or higher-level certification
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position. Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.