Sirius Computer Solutions Director of Sales and General Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Requisition Number 18-0241
Title Director of Sales and General Manager
You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same. You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions. Sirius Computer Solutions agrees. As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more.
If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today. This position ensures the maximization of business potential within an assigned area and is responsible for an assigned dollar amount worth of hardware, software and services revenue. The person in this role implements business activities to ensure maximum sales growth in the assigned territory, and mentors and appraises the performance of assigned sales staff. Manages the Hardware and Software Sales activity and revenue performance of the area by:
- Identifying new and existing customer needs and opportunities (hardware, software and services) to maintain a strong pipeline of business.
- Assigning leads to the area’s hardware sales team in an appropriate manner.
- Making regular sales calls, alone and in conjunction with our sales executives, to develop relationships and follow-up on leads.
- Interacting with industry business partners to foster current and potential business relationships
- Maintaining professional relationships with appropriate vendors and consulting communities.
- Developing strong working relationships with the Software and Services teams in order to effectively present the total solution to our clients
- Developing and maintaining account relationships to maximize long-term sales opportunities and ensuring effective negotiation of contracts, terms and conditions, and discounts.
- Acting to identify the prospect’s decision-maker to close deals and finalize contracts.
- Selecting the appropriate marketing program strategies for the area
- Resolving problems with products and services and following up on the status of all projects within the area.
- Ensuring that the sales team maintains an up-to-date awareness of industry trends, activities, and advancements, thus enabling the team to articulate the business and architectural advantage of our solution.
- Supervising, training, and monitoring the performance of assigned sales staff.
- Working with the Sales recruiting team to hire qualified sales staff according to company procedure.
- Hires, trains, develops, and appraises staff effectively, taking corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
- Maintaining sales and product certifications in accordance with the standards of the computer marketplace and ensures all direct reports do the same.
Manages sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner by:
- Developing, in conjunction with the division Vice President, business and strategic plans for the area.
- Ensuring accurate reporting of monthly sales data by the area’s sales executives.
- Monitoring and analyzing monthly sales data, and communicating results and strategies to other sales managers and the division Vice President.
Security is every employee’s responsibility; if you are aware of a security related vulnerability or non-compliance with the Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management *Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. HIPAA or other regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
- A Bachelors’ degree in a Business, Marketing, orTtechnical field.
- Minimum seven (7) years of field sales experience with an IT value-added reseller, systems integrator, Managed Service Provider, and/or Technology manufacturer (such as, Cisco, DellEMC, F5, HPE, IBM, NetApp, VMWare or similar), to include a minimum of three (3) years sales management experience
Other Position Requirements
- Knowledge of leading IT vendor solutions such as Cisco, DellEMC, F5, HPE, IBM, NetApp,
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Experience managing large territories and diverse product offerings.
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and proposal efforts.
- Demonstrated skills in/understanding of the recruiting and interviewing process.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team of Sales Executives to quickly and profitably secure business.
- Leasing / financial experience
- Demonstrated understanding of ROI (return on investment)
- Demonstrated understanding of contract terminology
- Multiple product certifications (such as Cisco, DellEMC, F5, HPE, IBM, NetApp)
- Experience leading the sales of Digital Transformation and/or Security solutions
Essential Functions: The position exists to increase sales revenue for Sirius through the establishment and management of business partner relationships, and to assist the field sales team in driving business into partners’ customers and prospects. As such, this position requires regular travel to partners’ offices, Sirius’ sales offices, and customer sites.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.