Sirius Computer Solutions .NET Architect in Carson City, Nevada
Requisition Number 18-0284
Title .NET Architect
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The .Net Architect will define a future state application architecture and guide the app and app infrastructure team to implement the architecture. This is a billable, services delivery role in a consulting environment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop event-driven based micro-service application using Microsoft Service Fabric
• Define and design application design and implementation patterns for application implementation
• Guide the app and project team to implement the architecture
• Define client needs and oversee project milestones to ensure expectations, timelines, and budgets are met
• Define platform architecture and design, have hands on capability to review code and make required changes
• Responsible for the overall quality of project deliverables and the successful implementation of defined solution for the customer
• Identify and qualify follow-on opportunities and engage senior leadership
• Establish procedures and recommend changes to policies that have a positive impact on the organization(s) and/or implementation team.
• Occasionally interact with senior level management at client site or within the company, which involves negotiating or influencing others on matters of significance
• Build long-term, superior client relationships and proactively manage client expectations, and ensure that change control is used when scope boundaries are exceeded
• Maintain a strong network and promote the organization at various meetings, forums, panels, publications, and conferences. Begin to establish thought leadership in the industry
• Maintain technical certifications and attend training sessions to refine technical skills
• Responsible for oversight and apprentice training of junior resources as assigned in the field.
• Security is every employee’s responsibility; if you are aware of a security related vulnerability or non-compliance with the Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or a related field
• At least eight (8) years .NET/ASP.NET based application development experience, to include:
o Minimum 4 years experience in web based application development using micro-service architecture
o Experience in developing applications using following technologies:
.NET Core 2.0, ASP.NET Core 2.0, .NET 4.5, and ASP.NET
Micro-service design and implementation
C# Application performance tuning and testing
Database - SQL Server 2014/2016
● Demonstrated understanding of app Security (such as authentication/authorization, security in transit and rest)
● Experience with Microsoft Server Fabric
Other Position Requirements -
● Demonstrated ability to actively scan for technologies that offer new opportunities to differentiate, Technology trend analysis
● Proven ability to assess the relative merits of technology maturity against business need
● Demonstrated ability to rely/draw on past technology experience to quickly integrate the key principles & issues with new technologies
● Demonstrated grasp of technology and ability to see the big picture. Proven problem solving skills and capable of delving into details when required
● Demonstrated ability to creatively develop new, simple approaches to complex design problems
● Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
● Proven ability to work well in a team environment, acting as a mentor to other engineers, helping in motivating and solving problems
● Demonstrated ability to handle multiple concurrent activities
● Proven attention to detail and creativity in problem solving.
● Experience in event-driven architecture using Kafka and/or RabbitMQ
● Experienced or understanding of Web front-end technologies
● Hands-on experience with Microsoft container management platform
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.