Sirius Computer Solutions Sr. Converged Infrastructure & Storage Engineer - Presales in Bloomington, Minnesota
Requisition Number J18-0313
Title Sr. Converged Infrastructure & Storage Engineer - Presales
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The primary purpose of this position is to design, architect, propose, and deliver a wide range of technology solutions to the client. This position is also a key contributor to the practice engineer team responsible for designing complex Converged Infrastructure and Storage services and solutions. This position provides pre-sales support, customer support and direct quality assurance for all projects deliverables
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs pre-sales activities in conjunction with Sales Teams in educating clients with Sirius Computer Solutions products.
o Prepares and delivers client presentations
o Provides product demonstration to include implementation/migration planning
o Prepares product deliverable templates/client timetables
o Provides Technology Enablement Center (TEC) demonstration/briefings
o Develops solutions based on analysis of business and technical requirements
o Reviews client hardware configuration to ensure client meets necessary requirements
o Develops architecture and design of projects
• Performs account management duties to include research, problem solving, technical support, and general maintenance of client relationship
• Performs overall solution Quality Assurance (QA) tasks for all projects delivered against assigned project deliverables
• Performs project coordination duties for assigned projects to include providing implementation/migration planning to client, knowing and meeting client timetable, coordinating vendor installations, etc. Facilitates communication between product team members.
• Monitors and reports status of project efforts, anticipates, and identifies issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implements corrective actions
• Develops and reviews technical manuals for standard and non-standard install processes that are directly related to specialization and discipline on the job
• Prepares high level designs/architectures for sales quotations and technical responses to client generated Request for Quotations (RFQs), Request for Information (RFIs), and Request for Proposals (RFPs).
• Provides technical leadership for less experienced team members.
Requirements Position Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications, or related field
• At least five (5) years of Information Technology work experience with Converged Infrastructure and Storage solutions
• Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
Other Position Requirements
• Demonstrated technical aptitude
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, including ability to present to customers without a sales resource
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
• Demonstrated ability to work in team environment
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Demonstrated technical leadership skills
• At least five (5) years of technical pre-sales support experience
• Documented or Certified skills in at least one of the following vendor’s products: IBM Storage, EMC Storage, Pure Storage, NetApp Storage, VMWare, Citrix, Nutanix, CommVault, Hyper-V, Veem, Simplivity, Cisco UCS/Hyperflex, HPE Synergy/Composable, or equivalent
• Documented or Certified skills in Cloud offerings: Amazon Web Services (AWS), MS Azure, Google Cloud
• Customer-facing consulting experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience
Data Privacy and Security
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.