Sirius Computer Solutions Project Manager - Business Agility in Albany, New York
Requisition Number J18-0191
Title Project Manager - Business Agility
Description **Open Location + 25% Travel**
You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same. You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions. Sirius Computer Solutions agrees.
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager with custom application development and cloud project experience to join our Business Agility team. This is a full-time benefited role with us that can require overnight travel an average of 25%.
The primary responsibility of this position includes the planning and managing of software-related projects that meet our clients’ business objectives by: building customer relationships, leading talented people, planning, estimating, communicating, tracking, and implementing the deliverables.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage the delivery of multiple consulting projects as a billable consultant and provide proactive control of schedule, hours used, and completion criteria
• Work closely and build a strong working relationships with Sirius clients, including at the C-suite level
• Provide pre-sales support to the Sirius sales organization by meeting with potential customers and describing our solutions and project approach
• Partner with the functional business areas, external customers, and vendors in defining application/project priorities, scope approach, resource requirements, timing, deliverables, and funding
• Assist with writing contracts for consulting services
• Prepare and present accurate Statements of Work (SOW) and estimates for deployment and development projects
• Provide leadership and direction to the project team
• Maintain a high level of client and team satisfaction
• Participate in bi-weekly PM peer meetings and share realistic lessons learned to advance the Sirius delivery success
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelors’ degree in Business, Computer Science, or a related field
• At least three (3) years’ experience managing software-related projects, to include experience with all of the following:
• Implementing software products from a major vendor, such as IBM,
• Managing projects using the full software development lifecycle model, and
• Managing projects with Agile, Iterative, Waterfall and other methodologies
Other Position Requirements:
• Demonstrated consulting background
• Demonstrated ability to understand and explain technical material
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated skills in establishing interpersonal relationships with all levels, including business and end-user stakeholders
• Experience delivering projects on cloud platforms
• One or more of the following certifications: CAPM, PMP, Master’s Certificate in Project Management
• Background implementing solutions that leverage any of: IBM, AWS, RPA, BPM or SOA
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customers sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility.